To make Vivarium a memorable and succesful weekend for both visitors and exhibitors we are kindly asking you to abide by the following basic rules:
- Trade is restricted to the exhibtion area. Trade and sale of goods or animals outside of this area is prohibited.
- Goods and animals are not to be sold to children unter 18, except when in attendance of an adult.
- The organizers of Vivarium are not responsible for the quality of sold goods and/or animals.
- The organizers of Vivarium are not responsible for damage, loss, theft or injury during or after the event.
- If you refuse to abide by these rules the organizers of Vivarium reserve the right to refuse admission to the fairground without restitution of your deposit or other payments made. If any rulebreaking has been reported to us you will be given 15 minutes to sort things out.
- Objects that have not been mentioned explicitly are subject to assessment of the organizers.
2. Setting up and pulling down your booth and opening hours
- On Friday before the exhibition you may set up your booth between 10:00 and 22:00. You may also do so on the first day of the event, on Saturday morning between 8:00 and 9:30.
- If you are renting a standard booth from us please discuss with the organizers when it will be set up
- On Saturday all delivery entrances will be closed and the fairground will only be accessible via the main entrance..
- The fairground will be opened to visitors on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 17:00.
- It is strictly prohibited to disassemble your booth before the events closing time. You may disassemble your booth on Sunday between 17:00 and 24:00 as well as on Monday between 9:00 and 20:00.
- Please leave your booth tidy and clean. If we find that your booth has not been cleaned and tidied up sufficiently we will charge you for the cleaning
- The organizers will arrange for your rented tables, chairs and booths to be available at selected spots on the fairground.
- It is not allowed to change the position of your stand, table or booth.
- We are taking care of the electrical power supply, please bring your own cables and extension cables.
- Promotion is only permitted at and in your booth. Other options are available at an extra charge.
- It is not allowed to hand out flyers, except in your own booth.
5. Payments and cancellations
- Upon registration or payment after 1 August, the costs for a table and a stand are increased by Euro 10,- and Euro 50,- respectively.
- Please make your payment until 10 weeks before the event starts.
- Cancellations have to be received by letter or email and no later than 10 weeks before the event to receive a 50% refund of your payment.
- Any cancellations after this deadline will not be refunded.
- In case of a no show you will not be refunded.
5.2. Additional regulation regarding COVID year 2021
- Upon registration, and no later than 25 May 2021, you must have paid 20% (with a minimum of EUR 75) of your total stand rental in advance.
- If your down payment is not received on that date, your registration will automatically expire.
- Should Vivarium 2021 take place, you will receive an invoice from us for the remaining amount, which must be paid no later than 10 weeks before the start of the fair.
- If Vivarium 2021 cannot take place at any time, the organization will switch to an Online edition as in 2020.
- At that time, the prepayment counts as your contribution to a stand on Vivarium Online, on which no further refund will be made.
- If you have already paid more at that time, you will receive a refund for that more paid.
- The above does not apply to Partnerships, which are fully eligible for a refund. In the case of an Online edition, we will contact Partners to see if they are willing to enter into a partnership there as well.
6. Animals (General)
- Transporting animals to Vivarium is your responsibility. Nevertheless, we would like to remind you to consider the well-being of the animals. Give them the space they need and transport them only in the dark.
- Vivarium is a two-day event. Please keep this in mind for the well-being of your animals and arrange convenient food, housing, air, climate and lighting for them.
- The housing of your animals needs to be clean and if necessary your animal must have access to clean drinking water and food at all times.
- If your animal is used to humidity make sure that the housing is covered in humid substrate. Also keep your animal humid and spray it frequently.
- Expose your animals in their housing so that it’s not possible to have direct contact between animals and visitors.
- All offfered animals need to be in good health. If the organization has any doubts about the health of your animals they will address this to you and in severe cases may ban you from Vivarium.
- All offered animals must be legal in the Netherlands. Several agencies will be present to assist the organization with the supervision of this matter. Illegal animals will be confiscated and their owner will be reported to the police. Please carry the necessary papers (eg. CITES documents) for your animals with you at all times.
- All offered animals must be registered with their correct scientific name, if it is a wild animal or bred, if possible the sex of the animal and the land of origin.
Describe your animals as detailled as possible! Let your potential buyer know about food, habitat, size when fully grown and special needs of the animal. If you are selling venomous animals these details are mandatory!
- It is strictly forbidden to sell artificially coloured animals, genetically engineered animals and/or 'defective' animals. All bred varieties (ie. "Fancy Goldfish") in which the animal is suffering from the consequences of selective breeding are also prohibited.
- It is not allowed to sell exotic animals, rodents, birds and any other animals that do not belong in an aquarium, pond, paludarium or terrarium!
- Animals which are meant to be used as food for larger animals need to have sufficient space (half of the space should be freely available) and must not be dependent on their parents (no baby mice/rats or day-old-chicken).
- When selling fish you must consider their well-being. In case you’re selling them in a plastic bag you must supply them with oxygen.
- Make sure the bags cannot be picked up and cannot fall down.
- The bags need to be large enought for your fish – if your fish is larger than 10cm you must offer it in bags suitable for Koi.
- If fish are sold from an aquarium, this aquarium must be provided with clean water, the right temperature and water circulation. The dimensions of the aquarium must be in line with the care requirements of the fish that are being offered in that aquarium.
- For all other ways of keeping fish that are to be sold, the ratio of water/air has to be optimal. Also, here is water circulation and/or an air pump need to be present.
8. Reptiles, lizards and amphibians (not or little venomous)
- Preferrably these animals should be packed individually.
- For lizards and amphibians the smaller side of the container or terrarium needs to be at least 1,5 times the size of the animal.
- The smaller side of the container for snakes needs to be at least a third of the body size of the animal.
9. Venomous animals
- If you wish to sell venomous animals, you should discuss this with the organization before registration and also mention it when you register. In all other cases it is strictly forbidden to sell venomous animals!
- You may only sell venomous animals in a special area on the fairground. This area will be controlled so that visitors under 18 may not enter and only a certain number of visitors can enter at the same time. In some cases you may be asked show your ID.
- The housing of the animals needs to be closed with a lock. If the animals are packed in containers please make sure the container is closed with duct tape.
- It is not allowed to stack housings and containers. All housings and containers need to be at least 10 cm away from the edges of the table.
- All offered animals must be registered with their correct scientific name, if it is a wild animal or bred and the land of origin. Also the poison level, food and housing requirements as well as size when fully grown.
- Buyers are not allowed to bring venomous animals to the fairground. After buying the animal bring it outside immediately.